Royal Worm (Mike Tauser) can be reached at tauser@sbcglobal.net.


Friday, March 13, 2009

The Unyielding Gaze



Following are the lyrics to a song called the Unyielding Gaze a song about God's neverending love for us. It was written in 1995 for summer camp at Camp Lone Star. The idea behind the title is that God continues to look for/long for us to return to Him.

The Unyielding Gaze

Somehow, Lord your love still looks for me, even though I'm not as I should be
In spite of all I've done
You tell me I'm a precious one
Somehow, Lord your love still looks for me.

Somehow, Lord your love still finds my heart
Even when it's hiding in the dark
When I stumble in the night
Your word provides a guiding light
Somehow, Lord your love still finds my heart

Somehow, Lord your love still seeks me out
Even though I'm filled with sin and doubt
Every corner of my soul your water washes and makes whole
Somehow, Lord your love still seeks me out.

No comments: